CEIRR Pilot Research Program
Submissions will reopen in 2023!
On This Page:
Program Guidelines & FAQs
Submissions are currently closed. Please check back in early 2023 for update information on the next cycle's deadline.
Investigators not currently part of the CEIRR Network may submit concepts via this portal. Investigators already part of CEIRR should work internally with their CEIRR Center PI and Coordinator for potential concept development.
Concepts are open to both U.S and non-U.S. based Investigators. Concepts can include collaborations with industry partners.
All concept proposals must track to a research priority listed above and fit under the currently funded CEIRR contracts. Note that concepts proposing clinical trials will NOT be supported through this mechanism.
Concepts should be developed using the CEIRR Pilot Program Research Concept form and should be limited to a total 5 pages.
Concepts must be submitted with budgets listed as TOTAL COSTS. Concept budgets cannot exceed $600,000 in total costs over two years. Final indirect rates will be negotiated before an award is made.
The following costs are unallowable unless otherwise provided:
- Conferences and Meetings
- Food for Meals, Light Refreshments, and Beverages
- Promotional Items [includes, but is not limited to: clothing and commemorative items such as pens, mugs/cups, folders/folios, lanyards, and conference bags that are sometimes provided to visitors, employees, grantees, or conference attendees.]
- Acquisition, by purchase or lease, of any interest in real property;
- Special rearrangement or alteration of facilities;
- Purchase or lease of any item of general purpose office furniture or office equipment regardless of dollar value. (General purpose equipment is defined as any items of personal property which are usable for purposes other than research, such as office equipment and furnishings, pocket calculators, etc.);
- Travel to attend general scientific meetings;
- Foreign travel;
- Consultant costs;
- Patient care costs;
- Accountable Government Property (defined as non-expendable personal property with an acquisition cost of $1,000 or more) and "sensitive items" (defined as items of personal property (supplies and equipment that are highly desirable and easily converted to personal use), regardless of acquisition value.
- Printing Costs (as defined in the Government Printing and Binding Regulations).
Concept proposals received will be forwarded to the individual CEIRR Centers for consideration. Concepts will be evaluated by the CEIRR Center Scientific Leadership Groups for submission to NIAID for funding consideration. If selected for submission to NIAID, submitters will be contacted directly by a CEIRR Center Investigator. Review comments or other feedback on concept submissions will not be provided.